Ethnicity of Refugees 2018 Dataset
The Ethnicity of Refugees (ER) dataset records the ethnic composition of refugee stocks worldwide for the years 1975 to 2017. The dataset covers all refugee groups in neighboring countries and countries in proximity to each other that consist of at least 2’000 refugees. Up to the three largest ethnic groups of each country-dyadic refugee population are identified and their share of the total refugee stock indicated.
Information on countries of asylum and countries of origin as well as refugee stocks is based on data from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR, 2014) and the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA, 2010).
You may download the latest version (2018.1.1, released on December 11, 2018) of the raw ER dataset directly:
- CSV format, UTF-8 encoded: ER-2018.1.1.csv
- Tab-delimited format, UTF-8 encoded: ER-2018.1.1.txt
- JSon format: ER-2018.1.1.json
- Excel format: ER-2018.1.1.xls
- Excel 2007 OOXML format: ER-2018.1.1.xlsx
- SQL: ER-2018.1.1.sql
- Codebook: ER-2018_Codebook.pdf
When using this dataset in your research, please include the following reference: