This section describes the process of installing the IntelliJ IDEA programming environment. This environment will be used to manage our projects, edit the source code, compile our models, and run the simulations. It is a commercial software with extensive features that has been generously provided to us by JetBrains, Inc. for the purpose of this course. You can use this software until March 12, 2005 under a special license.
- As a first step, download the installer of version 4.0.2 for your platform from http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/ and save it on your hard disk;
- Run the installer you downloaded and follow the online instructions (accept the license agreement, accept the default installation directory, choose to store your settings and data cache in the user home folder, do not import any previous settings and accept all remaining default settings);
- Run IntelliJ IDEA through shortcut that has been created by the installer;
- Choose not not import any previous settings;
- Accept all terms of the license;
- Enter the license data by entering the user name and license key provided here.
You are now ready to create your first project as described in the next section.