GeoEPR - Geo-referencing Ethnic Power Relations
The GeoEPR 2018 dataset geo-codes all politically relevant ethnic groups from the EPR-Core 2018 dataset. GeoEPR assignes every politically relevant group one of six settlement patterns and, if possible, provides polygons describing their location on a digital map.
Descriptive (non-spatial) information on ethnic group's settlement patterns from the GeoEPR 2018 dataset is available in research-ready country-year and group-year format from the GROWup Research Front-End data portal.
You may also download the latest version (2018.1.1, released on December 11, 2018) of the complete GeoEPR dataset directly:
- Shapefile format (Zip archive): GeoEPR-2018.1.1.zip
- CSV format with WKT geometries, UTF-8 charset: GeoEPR-2018.1.1.csv
- Tab-delimited format with WKT geometries, UTF-8 charset: GeoEPR-2018.1.1.txt
- JSon (GeoJSON) format: GeoEPR-2018.1.1.geojson
- SQL: GeoEPR-2018.1.1.sql
- Codebook: GeoEPR-2018_Codebook.pdf
The GeoEPR polygons follow the WGS84 coordinate system (SRID 4326).
When using this dataset in your research, please cite the following publication:
When referring to the original GeoEPR dataset please cite:
- GeoEPR 2014
- GeoEPR-ETH Version 2.0
- The GeoEPR-ETH Version 2.0 dataset is based on EPR-ETH Version 2.0 and codes the settlement patterns of politically relevant ethnic groups in independent states.
- Geo-referencing Ethnic Power Relations (GeoEPR) v.1.0
- The first version of the GeoEPR dataset was developed with colleagues at UCLA and geo-references all politically relevant ethnic groups in the EPR dataset Version 1.1.